Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Never Ending Story



Dating and finding love is a merry-go-round. Lucky the ones who are in the saddle already, installed in a loving relationship or marriage! Unfortunately, people fall out of love and break up all the time.
As a former matchmaker and dating consultant I’ve often been asked “Why has it become so difficult to find the right person? Where are the good men? What can I do to find that elusive mate?” The list goes on and on. In spite of our ever increasing connections, networking, and socializing possibilities the problem seems to grow. And it's not just older, divorced people who say they lack opportunities but also the younger generation that wants to settle down-- what I call the first timers.
At the beginning of a new year, after a boring or lonely New Year’s Eve, many singles make a resolution that they want to find love now; the sooner the better. Definitely in time for Valentine’s Day that is looming on the horizon. Many websites catering to singles and their needs offer dating advice. I like Adventures in Delicious Dating for over 40s.
Sites that care about your personal well-being and happiness like Positively Positive, or Dr. Tranquility and her dating protocols are a quintessential step in getting help—if singles want it. Some of them advertize on my Facebook page Singles & Dating Advice. Check it out as well as my blog www.NextTimelucky.blogspot.com.
There's also a gazillion books on the topic, self-help books and novels. Take  a peek at the category of Best Relationship Non-Fiction on Good reads. 74 books are listed and my book Next Time Lucky: Lessons of a Matchmaker  is #1.  I'm doing a book giveaway there till 12 Jan. YOu can still put your name in the hat to win a copy!
The need is there; and the audience is there looking for answers.
That’s why I'm  relaunching my book Next Time Lucky: How to Find Your Mr. Right with an added  new chapter of practical dating tips. After all, I was a pro….I’ll be interviewed about my book again on Thursday between 6.30 – 7.00 P.M/EST by Dr. Tranquility’s on her blog talk radio show. Listeners and callers are welcome!
I’ll see you on the radio.
Siggy Buckley

No comments:

Post a Comment